Friday 16 November 2012

Lemon mascarpone pasta with smoked haddock


This is my take three on fish that follows my visit to Billingsgate fish market. It's a rather unusual combination of flavours, but to my mind it worked pretty well.

The third fish I bought last Saturday was smoked yellow haddock. I always wanted to try it because it has this amazing intensive yellow colour:


It was this colour that inspired me to make this dish.

You'll need:
smoked yellow haddock (I used maybe 1/4 of the fillet from the picture above)
100g mascarpone
1 lemon (one half might be enough if it's juicy, but then it all depends on how sour you the sauce to be)
fresh coriander leafs (could be replaced by parsley)
spaghetti

While your spaghetti is boiling, prepare the sauce. It's quick, so best start doing it when your pasta is nearly ready. Squeeze the lemon and add the juice to the mascarpone - both to be warmed up on a pan so that they are joined together to form a smooth sauce. Cut the haddock into small bits and chop the coriander/parsley.

Mix the pasta with the lemon mascarpone sauce and add the haddock on top. Sprinkle everything with coriander, et voila!



 Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment