Sunday 16 March 2014

My ultimate comfort food

This simple dish proved to be my favourite dinner time food during uni. It was perfect whenever I felt down or thought I deserved a treat. I preferred (and I still do) it to any sophisticated food. Maybe it's just that I'm a person of simple tastes. As every proper comfort food it has loads of cheese in it.

You'll need:
1 chicken breast
loads of edam cheese
1 onion
fresh coriander leaves
tarragon (also known as 'dragon herb'. what a cool name for one of my favourite spices :))
Salt & pepper

It's best to prepare all of the ingredients first, as it has to be done very quickly once the pan is hot. So:

1. Chop the onions (advice on how best to deal with onions and garlic is forthcoming)
2. Chop the coriander
3. Grate the cheese. (I never use ready grated cheese as it dries up and looses taste even if well packed. It's really worth the effort to grate the cheese yourself)
4. Cut the chicken breast into thin slices.
5.  Sprinkle the chicken with tarragon and salt & pepper and fry using a generous dose of oil.

6. The moment it turns white on the edges, turn it to the other side.
7. right after you do it, add the onion and coriander on top of it.
8. Then, swiftly, add cheese and cover the pan.
9. When cheese melts, it's ready!


I usually use garlic sauce from Heinz to go with it and serve it with a basic salad:

No comments:

Post a Comment