Thursday 5 December 2013

turkey leftover treat


It's been a week since Thanksgiving and I still have some turkey leftovers in my fridge (what can I say, it was a big bird), so I've been experimenting a little bit. Here's one of the quick recipes I came up with (it's great for less attractive parts of turkey, they will become really tender once cooked in wine):

You'll need:
- turkey bits
- some lima beans (around 1/3 of a can for a portion)
- 1/4 glass of white wine
- 1/4 glass of crème fraîche
- parsley
- black pepper
- nutmeg 

1. Put the turkey bits in a hot pan and add the wine, beans, freshly grated pepper and nutmeg. Allow to simmer slowly for around 5 minutes.
2. Add cream and leave on the hob for another minute or so.
3. Add parsley et voilà!


Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment