Monday 17 September 2012

Ratatouille

Somehow the first post seems to be particularly important, so I gave a lot of thought into the choice of recipe...

What could come out of these ingredients? yes the one and only RATATOUILLE!!! Needless to say what inspired me:






This traditional Provencal dish can be prepared in many ways. I had three takes on the subject so far.

Take one:



 And after transferring it onto the plate together with my new signature sauce (details on the sauce below :))


Take two:


Take three:



 Ratatouille is a vegetarian recipe, but my version contained pepper salami. In my opinion it fits very well.

Tip: whichever way you prepare your own ratatouille, always be generous with thyme.

My ratatouille tomato sauce.
I invented a new sauce to go with my ratatouille. It's very simple. You just mix together tomotoes, finely chopped onion, garlic, lots of thyme and add some white wine vinegar. Don't forget to start with some oil before you put all of the ingredients in the pot.


Then you allow some time for the sauce to reduce, et voila! I'm sure I will use it in the future for other recipes :)



Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment