Wednesday 19 November 2014

Peppery tuna pasta bake


Comforting yet slightly spicy pasta bake with deliciously melty cheese. I actually didn't use brie, but a local Italian variety of soft moldy cheese, that I forgot the name of. If anyone could tell me what it might have been I would be grateful (I think the name started with "s", but I can't be sure; the search I made for it afterwards did not end up with a success).

You'll need:
1 yellow paprika
1 green paprika
2 green chillis
1 can of tuna in oil 
200g of brie type cheese
100g tomato passata
oregano
pasta (I used farfalle)


1. Boil the pasta al dente.
2. In the meantime cut the paprikas into small squares and fry together with finely chopped chillis and a pinch of salt. Add passata and oregano.
3. Mix the contents of the pan and the pasta.
4. Transfer half of the pasta into an oven dish and top with half of the cheese, then add another layer of pasta, top it up with tuna and the remaining cheese. Sprinkle with some extra oregano.
5. Cover the oven dish and put it in the oven pre-set to around 180 degrees for around 15 minutes.




Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment