Monday 8 October 2012

Every day is a discovery :)

Every day is a discovery. A world of new tastes opens before me. Today, thanks to Colin, it was a Cornish lard cake. Sounds not so tasty, but it actually was pretty decent. I love discovering new tastes, which is why I will never say no to even the most unusual food. Not even a bug could scare me (I ate ants when I was a kid so what's the difference :P). Be it an ostrich or a reindeer, it can always end up on my plate.

This post is really a huge thank you note to all of my wonderful friends who, over the years, helped me to discover new flavours in life. Thanks to whom I know how a real Hungarian pörkölt and lángos, Swedish pickled herring, Bolivian beans stew, Indian tarka daal, Sicilian tomato pasta, Slovak bryndzove haluski and many other dishes taste like.

Truth be told the real reason why I love food and cooking is because it is a social phenomenon. It is a chance to meet together and put all the problems on the side. To feel at home. To feel part of a group. Some of my best memories involve me and my friends having a meal together. My meals are there to show you how much I appreciate you.

Bon appétit!

No comments:

Post a Comment